According to the new World Bank Doing business 2020 list, which covered 190 counties, the top ten countries comes from Asia (five), Europe (four) and USA. In comparison with 2019 and 2018 reports there were no significant changes and some of the top five positions are reserved for the same countries.
Doing business lists – Top ten
|Ranking||DB 2020||DB 2019||DB 2018|
|1||New Zealand||New Zealand||New Zealand|
|4||Denmark||Hong Kong||Sought Korea|
|5||South Korea||South Korea||Hong Kong|
Top ranked Western Balkan countries are North Macedonia (17), Serbia (44), Montenegro (50), Kosovo (57), Albania (82), Bosnia and Herzegovina (90).
Observed by countries:
- North Macedonia is made a slightly improvement in the following indicators: dealing with construction permits and getting electricity.
- Serbia made improvement in significant number of indicators except starting business. For indicators related to getting credit and trading across borders there were no improvement or small stagnation.
- According the report Montenegro kept the same position as the last year. Some improvement is made especially in dealing with construction permits. According to this improvement Montenegro is now on 40 position for this indicator.
- Kosovo made improvement in almost all indicators, especially in getting electricity in which growth was realized of 9,5 points.
- Albania made slightly improvement in six of ten indicators areas with noticeable progress in getting electricity.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina took 50 position with slightly improvement in starting business, getting electricity and resolving insolvency.
Generally, Western Balkan countries were made some improvement in certain indicators area but there is still a lot work to be done in many fields.
Top ranked Western Balkan countries according to defined indicators
|Starting business||Dealing with construction permits||Getting electricity||Registering property||Getting credit||Paying taxes||Enforcing contracts|
|Countries||Kosovo||Serbia||North Macedonia||Kosovo||Montenegro and Kosovo||North Macedonia||Montenegro|
Members of our team actively participated in some of previous Doing business preparation phase in different countries. Adriatic Bridge Partners regularly use some segments of Doing business report and other analyses relating to Western Balkan countries in preparation of business potentials for our foreign clients.
For more details please contact us at: email@example.com